I feel really honored that my blog was nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by charliechatters. I’m actually pretty late in writing this post because I kept procrastinating about it (which I’m really good at, by the way.)
So, Charlie here writes about books, games and lifestyle. She’s the first blogger I got to know when I started my blog and she’s been a constant support throughout. Really, thanks for that and this nomination! I love reading the innovative stuff she comes up with. That’s one of the best things about her blog : each new post of hers is different and unique from the last one. It’d be tough to choose one best from all her posts but I like this one a lot – Congratulations, you’ve reached level 23 . Its about her journey as a gamer. Ooh and did I mention that her taste in gaming is awesome ? ( Borderlands 2 *winks* ) She’s really sweet, so go check her blog out!
The Rules for The Blogger Recognition Award :
The Blogger Recognition Award is given from blogger to blogger to encourage and acknowledge the hard work and effort that goes into creating amazing online spaces.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers that you want to give this award to and comment on each blog to let them know with a link to your award post.
How my blog started :
I used to read and write a lot of stories when I was young like in Class 5 or something. Then I shifted to writing poems and then to making comics. After that I kind of got too much into ‘screens’ (gaming, movies) that it replaced books and writing stuff. So, I wanted to get back into writing. Some of my friends at school had blogs and I hence I became interested in starting one. I procrastinated a lot, about what the name of my blog should be, what my first post should be etc but eventually I got started writing about stuff that I love. I’m not posting as actively as I want myself to, but that’s okay. The blogging community here is really appreciative and that’s what keeps me writing.
Advice to new bloggers :
- Just be yourself : Yeah, I know this is really cliched but there’s a reason. That’s coz it’s the most important thing. Don’t write your blogs just to please other people. Write ’em for yourself. Write ’em like you want to. Write about what you like not what the others like. It may take time but soon you’ll connect with people who like the same type of stuff.
- The community here is really good, but its not gonna be one sided : Its obvious that you’re gonna want more likes and more followers. But just writing what you want to write and waiting back for stuff to happen ain’t gonna work. You need to discover more people and their blogs. Appreciate them. Comment and follow the ones that you think are good. In short, give out love and you’ll receive the same!
15 other bloggers that I want to nominate :
Okay, so this is the reason why I was procrastinating on writing this post. I don’t think I even follow 15 bloggers! I know that just contradicts what I said earlier about appreciating other blogs but I’ve been really busy lately and I’m trying to get to know more bloggers. Anyway, here are the ones I want to nominate :
- The Library Ladies – Serena and Kate are avid readers and their posts about book reviews and other stuff are good. I especially love reading their Fear Street Revisits and I eagerly wait for each fear street post. Go check them out!
- Ghouls and Gabs – So, I just recently discovered this blog which is mostly about gaming and I loved it. This post of hers was really relatable. Go check her out!
- Living it my way! 🙂 – Kashvi writes original poems and short stories sometimes which are really good. She doesn’t post that much frequently, but when she does her post is always great! I really love this post of hers – Dear friends and bestfriends. Go check her out!
- MovieBabble – Nick’s blog/site is the go-to destination for anything about movies. He posts regular movie reviews and lots of other stuff about films and actors. I generally find all of his reviews good and dependable. Go check him out!
I guess that’d be all. Thanks a lot for reading!